Mr A Elgey
Welcome to our Year 3/4 Class Page.
The children have been working hard this half term and have thoroughly enjoyed art week this week. We hope you enjoyed the exhibition in the hall. Photos will be uploaded next week if you couldn't join us. On Thursday afternoon we are having our Jubilee Celebration in the playground. Parents and guardians are invited too. Children are invited to wear red, white and blue clothes for the day.
- Thursday 26th May - Final Day of the half-term. School finishes at 3.30pm as normal.
- Monday 6th June - Back to school
- Thursday 9th June - School Trip to Hampton Court Palace
- Friday 24th June - School Photos
- Saturday 25th June - School Summer Fair
- Monday 27th June - Science Week
- Monday 4th July - Music Concert for Lower Juniors 5-6pm
- Wednesday 6th July - Holy Communion Mass
- Thursday 7th July - Sports Day - 12.15pm lunch on the common (by tennis courts at Clapham South) Events commence for KS2 at 12.45pm
- July 21st - End of summer term
Lower Junior Homework
Homework will be set three times each week. The usual format for homework is as follows:
- Monday (to be returned/completed by Wednesday with the exception of spellings which is due Friday)
- Wednesday (to be returned/completed by Friday)
- Friday (to be returned/completed by Monday)
Other tasks may be given throughout the year. It is vital that you support and enable your child to do their homework thoughtfully and neatly. Please note that maths homework is set by their maths teacher and this may not be their class teacher. Please check the class page of your child's maths teacher for their homework tasks.
The class spelling test will take place every Friday.
We recommend that you spend time reading aloud with your child as often as you can.
Please ensure that (s)he develops a routine so that (s)he remembers to complete set work. Please let me know of any difficulties with work.
Homework - 20th May 2022
Maths - The Year 4 times tables assessment will take place later in June - next week we will have a trial run for all the children in my maths group (including the Year 3s) revise all times tables.
Easter & Jubilee Celebrations - please rehearse and learn the words of the links below.
Upcoming Year 3/4 Events